Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Oh poor me!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Myra's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2000
    Posts
    2,554
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post




    I just wanted to let you know that I have been diagnosed with AAADD - Age-Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

    This is how it goes... I decide to do the laundry, start down the hall and notice the newspaper on the table. OK, I'm going to do the laundry... BUT FIRST I'm going to read the newspaper. After that, I notice the mail on the table. OK, I'll just put the newspaper in the recycle stack.... BUT FIRST I'll look through the pile of mail and see if there are any bills to be paid. Yes. Now where is the checkbook? Oops.. there's the empty glass from yesterday on the coffee table. I'm going to look for that checkbook... BUT FIRST I need to put the glass in the sink. I head for the kitchen, look out the window, notice my poor flowers need a drink of water, I put the glass in the sink and there's the remote for the TV on the kitchen counter. What's it doing here? I'll just put it away... BUT FIRST I need to water those plants. I head for the door and... Aaaagh! stepped on the cat. Cat needs to be fed. Okay, I'll put the remote away and water the plants... BUT FIRST I need to feed the cat. END OF DAY: Laundry is not done, newspapers are still on the floor, glass is still in the sink, bills are not paid, checkbook is still lost, and the cat ate the remote control... And, when I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because... I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY! I realize this condition is serious... I'd get help... BUT FIRST... I think I'll check my e-mail


    ------------------
    Everyone thinks i am insane.... all but my friends deep inside the earth......

  2. #2
    Macydamn
    Guest Macydamn's Avatar

    Post

    *LMAO.....THANK GOD.....I'm not alone!


    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member *Leo the Lioness*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2000
    Posts
    2,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    yeah it is serious, even though i joke a lot about having ADD or being a good candidate for Ritalin, cuz i wouldn't be surprised if i were diagnosed with it too.....i've always had trouble finishing things i start, not only chores n things like that, but it could be anything, including and especially my writing.....it's also why i dont read too many books

    a lot of people go misunderstood when they have this disorder....they're called crazy, or lazy or stupid, scatterbrained, etc....but i'm not very well-educated on the causes, so i can't really say why it happens.....i do know that it has nothing to do with intelligence or sanity, and correct me if i'm wrong, but i think it's due to a chemical imbalance in the brain

    right? *L

    oh i dunno, it's time for me to make dinner now instead of being online......BUT FIRST, let me start this download so it'll be running while i'm cooking, and of course i hafta do the dishes first, BUT BEFORE I DO THAT, lemme wrap up this chat i'm having on my AIM.....oh but of course i can't get up without cleaning up this mess around the computer and put away the CDs.....*trails off*......

    ------------------
    Say Anything.......

    Leo the Lioness' Anything Board

    Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind
    And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.....

    *beeze* anata aishiteimasu, baka *L

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Sniffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    1,014
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *LMAO* *hugs myra* thanx for the laugh... i needed one badly today. and... i think you just described me to a "T" *L*

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Paige420's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2001
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LMAO* well... i actually Do have a really BAD case of ADHD (fer those of you wh dunno what the H is.. it's attention deficit HYPER disorcer) an they had me on an off ritalin, which is a very bad drug, if i might say the least. it's hard coping with this, cuz i can't concentrate for shit *L* skool work is hard, cuz i can't do just one thing.. i have to have multiple tasks in front of me in order to get anything done.. course lotsa people say it's just an excuse to get treeated diff, but nobody treats me diff, an that's the way it should be.. *looks at deb* I AM NORMAL

    ------------------
    I'm getting sick and tired of wasting time, being social, i need diversion for a
    while. It's time to understand that sanity is over rated, i could forget it with
    a smile.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Më£ïñÐa's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2000
    Posts
    4,971
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    omg! OMG!!!!! O M G !!!!

    I've got that!!! and I've got that BAD!!!!!
    I had NO idea it had a name OR that it was a condition!!!!

    It's probly why i love my job so much cus i actually get SOMETHING done!!!!

    UNBELIEVABLE!!! i can start early in the morning and go and go without stopping...
    then i try to figure out wtf did i do??
    nothings finished...??

    is trying to straighten things up, and all you do is move things around and still nothings where its supposed to be.....
    would this be part of the condition as well????
    *L* shit!! this is what you ment right???

    ..------------> dncap

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Myra's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2000
    Posts
    2,554
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *hugs the Mel so tight*
    YOu got it lady... I do this everyday of my life! *L*
    Yer not a dunce *L*
    Oh.... aaaaaaand.. Mel.... I did what you asked me to do..*nods*

    ------------------
    Everyone thinks i am insane.... all but my friends deep inside the earth......

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imzredhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2001
    Posts
    461
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *walks in....relates deeply to the topic....walks out*

    ------------------

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Non Phixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2001
    Posts
    308
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i put the icecream in the cupboard once

    and i poured milk on my fries once instead of ketchup... but the milk was right beside the ketchup on the table... not that thats any excuse but it wasn't like i just grabbed the milk from the fridge and put it on my fries

    night

    ------------------
    how did i get so far gone?
    where do i belong?
    where in the world did i ever go wrong?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member juliet smiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2000
    Posts
    803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im so like these examples that its not even funny. Just yesterday I had all these things turning over in my mind that I wanted to do and I would get started on each of them then quit and move to something else.. then I found myself straightening the same stack of papers 5 different times and yet I look around and nothing is done *L*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •